This dish is a 3 pot circus, but it's very fast. The key is to have everything prepped before you actually start cooking so that nothing burns!
- 2 ramen cakes
- 2 cups of water
- chopped veggies (whatever you have on hand - I used shiitake mushrooms, shallots, carrots, kale, and peas)
- 2 tablespoons Sabzi MasalaMix
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cilantro-mint chutney
- 2 tablespoon sunflower oil
- Press tofu for 10-15mins:
- lay your tofu on top of several paper towels on a cutting board or clean surface
- place several folded paper towels on top of the tofu, and then place a weight on top (I like to use a pot with 2
soup cans inside
- after 10-15 mins, slice tofu into 1/2" x 2" strips (it doesn't really matter...I like them thin so it gets crispy)
- Place tofu in a bowl, and pour 1/2 cup chutney on top. Mix well, and let marinate while you prep your veggies
- after you are done prepping your veggies, pan fry the tofu on a skillet (I love my cast iron) using 1 tablespoon of oil. Flip after 5 minutes (will take 10 minutes total).
- bring 2 cups of water to a boil, and then add 2 ramen cakes. There should be just enough water to cover the cakes. - Add 1 tablespoon Sabzi masala, cumin powder, and garlic powder to the boiling water. Mix well.
- Keep at a low boil, and cook for 3-4 minutes, separating the noodles once soft. All of the water should be used up (add spoonfuls of water more as needed, to keep noodles from sticking to the pot). Immediately remove the pot from heat as soon as the noodles are cooked to avoid burning and sticking.
- while the noodles are boiling, stir fry your veggies of choice in 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon sea salt on the veggies and mix well
- Add the noodles to the wok/pan with the veggies, and mix together
- Add 1/4 cup of chutney and mix
- Scoop into bowl, add tofu on top, and drizzle remainder of chutney over entire dish (or as much as you want).
- You will have plenty of tofu leftover for other dishes throughout the week (I love using leftover tofu on salad)
Enjoy! This recipe makes 2 servings, but can easily be doubled or tripled.
Leave us a comment if you've recreated a dish after one of our classes!