- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup mint
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 green chili, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- Wash mint and cilantro very well to remove all dirt, and then roughly chop
- Toast cumin seeds (dry, no oil) on a pan until they turn a golden brown and smell fragrant; then roughly grind using a rolling pin or mortar & pestle
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until it forms a paste-like consistency (may need a few tablespoons of water)
- Taste, adjust salt/sugar/lemon juice to your liking
- Add more water and blend until the chutney becomes desired consistency
Enjoy! We keep this thick and use as a dip/spread, or thin it out and use a salad dressing. We top everything with this - the flavors meld with many types of cuisines.
Leave us a comment if you've recreated a dish after one of our classes!